Friday, August 15, 2008

GOOD EVENING! I’M COMING





now we have a number and still no address
we’ll be old before, well we’re old

a bluebird on my shoulder said you’re mighty brave
I have a clear shot at your eye

it was at that moment I began to understand
the incoming signals, the materials

the boot, the dog, the cries of heresy, the cleaved shield
months of diphtheria, the sounds of the aviary

who am I getting floral for in this foldout chaos
the packaging is just the packaging

since we learned that it was only chloroform, the dane
his ammo belt bequeathed to an insomniac

but I can stand next to the tree, the tree the guard tower
and the scalable lightbeams to where they all wait

each an approximant, a clause in the fractious nutshell
when I don’t listen is when their accusations creak

I will tell you in several ways the several ways in which I am
passionate, roar, build wheels, cave in wharves, my hull

resist all polyphony as unromantic, love you till suns fall
knowing what I know will abate

when we complete an act, one that we had determined
the servant in the undulating turban, my downcast

gaze of a male with the male motor removed, an armature
and your hair will end this film, the flick of tongue

Lebanese sisters in shadows, naked as the showdown, inevitable
blind I feel the breeze from a segue

are you that musician who left the exploration half way up?
the pilot of the mig that was thought lost?

this is being written in a penal colony, my voice cut out
a rivulet, ink like, from the splash port

there was a crazy scuffle, a clatter outside the cells
I laughed like the rest, it was a sound against

but you know, you especially, that a fall like that
creates an apex

on my knees, remember when you were? your brown
skin like the woven basket, within it a bottle

the atoms to reconstitute, no, it was a wineskin
with the freeze dried dust of a jeroboam