Saturday, September 13, 2008

Figures Your Body Without You





They hired a crew to build a massive new woodpile without wood

That was the year all the traffic lights went out

Man those swirling colors smothering an expanding buzz

The longer fur you can trace to the same follicles as the short

No amount of specially selected lingerie

And we played as though we thought

Is it still all about being great at something no one else can do

Above our hospital wristbands that picture of the great barrier reef

This band has never performed an encore

I’ve seen the shroud through my jewelers loupe and its flaws

Contrary to dissent it is genuine but a little girl and mother

I’m going to name them these interchangeable two

And give them these other names on the other unexamined side

After you use the backdrops look out from behind them at all the red

Which of these was new was there a noticeable animal scent

It moves exactly as I remember it when you were outside your breath

A wrong number had some specific advice just say I don’t feel the same

I can see you in your papier mache’ group home I know now I’m gone

When I hear the sound it’s an old sound without an answering echo

Things in the hand are worth whatever the hand is worth

Being in this country too long sidewalk is too confusing

The traffic the particle beams were the animals after all

Now there’s this question of one following

I was looked at funny for looking at some reflected pollutants

Finding them against the onset of acid blindness beautiful

I guess it was important that one passing stranger heard help

When was it that you heard all the notes played in white

What was here is still here under this threadbare flannel sheet

The significance is diminished by a lack of rest

Since this cracking began the windows have abandoned the landscaping

You might find it easier to locate water now

Some cases take years to be resolved one may also say thanks no

I think I have some change shot through the heart by five small words

It’s best if you stay inside they’re counting off the departures here

Would you like a day of years him with a self that came in many colors

She arranges his hair in no particular order with her bandaged fingertips

When he’s asleep beneath the rain of sheet metal panels circuit boards

A black box falls into their bed the better to keep it that way