Monday, July 28, 2008

When Did You Add the Info But Put Away Your Bodily Fathead?



I couldn’t think of the right
word, couldn’t think
of a way to not sound
like I was saying no thanks
when what I meant was no
thank you till you die
for my amusement.
So I sent this note and wrote
it later. Years passed without
an answer. They seemed a little
like me giving an endless lasso lesson
to way too tightly wound clowns.
I thought of you my father
and the room where he missed
the chance to have spent you
on a pack of Viceroys.


So this is how you move people?
Within the nasal limits?
Whomever did the city planning
had their hands full of helpers
of the kind you see at work farms.
Home is no longer an old head
after the rain dries.
Were it not that you’ve got this
plastic brain thing under
development I’d say we were
upside down and headed
for a no show. Leaning
on the everlasting armaments
called herd together stay under
cover and still the pace
of your audible lives. Oh ye


of the disproportionately tiny
ears the mini-in-holes pretending
not to receive your sentence.
Wormwood. Leopardwood.
Tulipwood. Zebrawood.
Burled Walnut. Spalted Olive.
What’s the point? Can’t you
stop your niggling and call
them by their right names?
Randy Collagen and his
Orchestra of Tight Stitches.
Like the Beatles when they said
the things we said today.
Therapy we pay through
the broken teeth for alleys
we use to shave seconds off


our burning handiwipes.
You know the nomenclature
of the help before you fire them.
Farther into the room the help
use a slightly different camouflage.
Pray you never need that book.
History would not be your friend.
David slew his stop motion
nemesis with cherries in the shape
of cherry bombs. That’s the sinking
the world we come from has come to
as we empty our heads in the ice.
The minister told the air to get less
hard then after a few minutes
decided he liked the challenge.
Do many whole toads try to crawl back


toward the light in your mouth once
the kiss becomes a swallow?
Shards are like sharks but for one
small but essential difference.
I am like a shard because things
are hard these days and the lean I
need less food than the fattish we
together does. I told it better
when I was drunk the first time
in the back of the converted hearse.
Barbie’s Malibu Dream Hearse.
Now that was a reverse cowgirl.
I still have the original box.
You left it untouched on the closet shelf.
If you see Jodie Foster tell her I said
her head has an apology coming.

Dear Cancer of the Cellular Connection,

I had a great time at your operation. Hope you’re up and around
and sucking soon. Inside someone’s circle soon like those people
you knew who told you you were a great dancer.

Sincerely,
Colon Fucksworthy

p.s. This would have resonated more clearly had I rolled it all into a rock
hard tube and stuffed it up a daisy. Maybe.