Sunday, July 27, 2008

I Swear I Knew It All Along and Something Told Me Better Do It






Little extensions get your hair over
homophobia We cross the Sawtooth

and the Monongahela without ceiling

Our fate is celled a cross and a telltale

crossing flasher Some very one-sided

chin gets longer as things begin to point up

Our feet start sounding wet with sky

We fall and shiver and ply our various

hereditary traits on diffident parts

of the hypnotized body of Emmanuelle

Beart then as so often happens I awaken

to the swirling of the asteroid playpen

My mother says there could be strays

Constructs penetrating way up in doomed

space I think she meant to Rome in spring

or Cove of the Medusas An aura of projectiles

assays the role of Gomer’s smile I had my eye in

my hand the entire lifetime he stood

perfectly still auditioning Words mean

the upper floors are collapsing the sky is soon

entirely ours for the asking And I told it

now this will have to hold you until next

we collide in the same reading

Enough talk I went to do a paper called

every name that has ever been issued

to prisoners in those two dimensioned plates

We eat here so don’t go dipping your wick

in the dew of the hurricane ‘round the sun

dial Four years to get to the edge of reason

I thought we’d be within sight of Pluto

and one hand left to point backward at

the days before we leapt off the trunkline

With Mom here I can think clearly

about what I want between meals

and what that ellipsis is doing

on the edge of the head shaped star factory

That field we played out before we moved

with burning baseballs as symbols of eternity

in a returning copper age May you stay below

the weather and enjoy an unobstructed seat

for the air show contained in your nose

cone I could hear what it was like to be alive

all those eons ago So vividly dividing

so many tangling things to arrive at

As the cylinders pass to the deeper layer

beyond this shivering I think about songs

my Grandfather knew and realize

there were only three that had anything

remotely to do with how hard it must have been

Running alongside the boats Shipping without

a calling or heeding some urgency for night

to give him up to a vertical land Here I see

a being The father of all the uncreated

animals This picture moves like a sheet of pure

lubricant thrown into the air Clear and lured

in all directions as it expands to soften

the sun I just brought into being

We move now we’re done

Hell is so silly I see it clearly from the vectors

of the all encompassing window through

which we’re continuously plunged Their

ways are within them and within the sweep

of the severed body of Isabelle Adjani

making a common length day recede

into a diminishing focal length much larger

than all these unprocurable measures

Light is what we do We glide old and unneeded

As essential as the satchel sized cosmos

just rupturing our outer shell The hull

has been breached and just as important

is what you heard before your favorite kiss

That once set upon the page will only be seen

by the maid who sweeps the next new sea